Does Naturopathy have a good scope? Which college should I go to? Is NEET required for admissions? I have searched for so many options online. Yes, of course, Naturopathy is a course with an immense number of job opportunities. Karnataka has the best colleges which offer courses in the field. Now, I would like to share more information about Sharada Yoga and Naturopathy Medical College Mangalore.
Table of Contents
- Sharada Yoga Naturopathy College Overview
- Admissions to Sharada Naturopathy Yoga College
- Program Offered
- Sharada Yoga Naturopathy College Fees
- A career in Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences
- Rankings & Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Sharada Yoga Naturopathy College Overview
Sharada Yoga and Naturopathy Medical College Mangalore come under the Tulunad Educational Trust which was founded in 1990. It aims to provide standard education along with value systems, which were introduced at the early stages of life. It began with a group of like-minded individuals whose aim was to only promote quality education. Today, the institution has grown to become a globally recognised organisation to educate students across cultural diversities.
|Name||Sharada Yoga and Naturopathy Medical College and Hospital|
|Address||Sharada Yoga and Naturopathy Medical College, Sharada Ayurdhama Campus, Devinagar, Talapady, Mangalore– 575023, Karnataka|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore|
|Approved by||Government of Karnataka|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
The trust runs 8 other educational institutions. It runs schools, pre-university colleges, and Commerce and Healthcare Institutes. The President of the Sharada Group of Institutions is Prof M B Puranik and the Principal of the College is Dr Rajesh Padekal. The other institutions which come into the Sharada Group are:
- Sharada Vidyalaya.
- Sharada PU College.
- Sharada Degree College.
- Sharada Vidyaniketana Public School.
- Sharada Vidyaniketana PU College.
- Shubhodaya Vidhyalaya.
- Sharada Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital.
Sharada Yoga and Naturopathy Medical College Mangalore aim to inculcate the interest in learning as well as help in life appreciation, which is going to stay with them throughout their professional lives. It prepares them to care for the patients, fellow workers and the whole community. The mission is to help to inculcate excellence in the academic field and also by developing future leaders.
The institution has separate departments for each subject taught in the BNYS Course. The departments are:
- Pathology and Microbiology.
- Physiology and Biochemistry.
- Community Medicine.
- Mind-body and Yoga Medicine.
- Principles of Yoga and Yoga Philosophy.
- Fasting, Dietetics and Nutrition.
- Energy Medicine and Color Therapy.
- Hydro and Mud Therapy.
- Clinical Naturopathy and Modern Diagnostic Methods.
- Forensics and Toxicology, Pharmacology.
- Physical Medicine, Rehabilitation and Techniques of Manipulation.
Admissions to Sharada Naturopathy Yoga College
The admission procedure for the courses offered at Sharada Yoga and Naturopathy Medical College Mangalore is as follows:
Step 1: The details about the admissions are mentioned in the website.
Step 2: Fill in the correct details in the application form.
Step 3: Once the application form is filled, you need to upload the documents.
Step 4: Now, you have to pay the application fees, which can either be done by DD or NEFT only.
Step 5: On the completion of fee payment, you must submit your application form along with the documents to the Admission Department.
Eligibility Criteria for BNYS
If you want to take admitted to BNYS, then you must satisfy the eligibility criteria:
- Candidate should have passed 12th standard / 10 +2 or any equivalent examination with Science subjects.
- The minimum aggregate score for Physics, Chemistry and Biology must be 45 %..
- Should have learnt English as a language.
- NEET examination is not required for getting admissions.
- At the time of admissions, the minimum age of the candidate must be 17 years as of 31st December.
You are required to bring the documents along with the application form. The documents required during admissions are:
- 10th Standard or SSLC Examination Marksheet.
- 12th Standard or PUC Marksheet with Science Subjects.
- Certificate of Transfer.
- Migration Certificate for students who are from outside Karnataka.
- 4 stamp size and 4 passport size photos.
- Certificate of Physical Fitness which has been issued by a Medical Practitioner including an Ayurvedic Physician.
Naturopathy is a system of medicine which is not based on drugs. It aims to improve the body’s immunity system with the help of healing and health promotion. The treatments are based on enhancing the immune systems and also cleansing the impurities of the body, for healthy well-being. It uses scientific methods which are asymptomatic, pure and free of drugs. Apart from it, various yoga therapies are given to the patients which help them to strengthen the bones, muscles, and digestive system and also help in stress reduction.
Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Science is also referred to as BNYS. It is an undergraduate course for a duration of 5 ½ years, out of which 4 ½ years are for academics and 1 year of internship. It aims to aspects of the theory as well as practical application. The course helps to gain knowledge about naturopathy and practices of yoga for people who suffer from psychological, mental, physical as well as emotional disorders.
Students who are looking to pursue a course in medicine but in a different way, can go for the course. To get admission to the course, you need to fulfil the eligibility criteria required by the college. There are skills which are essential for the BNYS student for taking up the program. Some of the important skills required are:
- Communication skills.
- Reasoning ability.
- Keen Observation.
- Sensitivity towards patients.
- Listening skills.
- Adaptable to the environment.
- Good Thinker.
- Maturity in handling critical situations.
- Knowledgeable to tell patients about the therapies.
Why pursue BNYS?
Nowadays, the Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Science is amongst the most popular courses taken up by a large number of medical aspirants. It is a non-conventional program in the medical field . Reasons to study BNYS are:
- It is a unique course which deals with the healing of the mind and body.
- The program is a part of medicine, which allows aspirants to learn more about the practices of medicine in a different way.
- It teaches the students about the body’s defence mechanisms which help to fight against ailments and also maintain a healthy life.
- There are lots of job opportunities available for graduates in various fields of health care management, academics as well as academics.
Sharada Yoga Naturopathy College Fees
The fees structure for courses available at Sharada Yoga and Naturopathy Medical College Mangalore is given below:
|Course||Yearly Fees (INR)||Duration|
|Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Science (BNYS)||Rs.1,50,000/year||5 1/2 years including 1 year of internship|
Payment Method Options
Payment methods are the different options available to students for paying college fees. You can opt for any of the methods to make the fee payment. The institution helps the students to make optimal use of the techniques which are at their disposal.A few of the payment method options are:
- Debit Card.
- Credit Card.
- Online Banking.
- NEFT/ RTGS.
- Through UPI gateway.
The college awards scholarships to students who are in need of financial assistance and support. It helps those who want to pursue higher studies after graduation. The scholarships are based on the recommendation of the college committee. The list of the students is prepared and sent to the Principal for final confirmation.
Besides this, the State and Centre governments also have scholarships for AYUSH students. AYUSH Scholarship scheme is granted to aspirants who want to take up graduate as well as post-graduate programs in Siddha, Ayurveda, Unani and also Homeopathy fields. Under this scheme, the aspirants are awarded money to complete their studies. The main purpose of the scheme is to provide financial help and promote further education in the field.
Sharada Yoga and Naturopathy Medical College Mangalore have collaborated with banks for providing educational loans. An educational loan is a financial assistance given for a specified period of time along with a rate of interest. The course which is eligible for getting loans are:
- Undergraduate or Post Graduate or Professional Level Courses.
- Courses apart from the above are either approved by AICTE or UGC or the Central government.
Expenses which are considered a loan
Expenditures which form a part of the education loan are:
- Tuition fees/ Hostel Fees.
- Library Fees.
- Laboratory Fees.
- Examination fees.
- Purchase of Books or Uniforms.
- Caution amount or refundable deposit.
- Travelling expenses.
- Purchases of computers or equipment required for studies.
- Two-wheeler costs.
A career in Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences
The placement department is in charge of arranging for the placements and internships of BNYS students. It has a dedicated placement cell which is in touch with the companies which are coming to the campus. It is updated with the requirements of the students. It arranges conferences, workshops and seminars which are conducted by experts in the field. It helps in boosting the morale as well as the self-confidence of the students during the placement interviews.
BNYS Graduates can earn handsome packages after finishing the course. The minimum and maximum package depend on the experience and knowledge of the students . Usually, the least starts from around INR 2 LPA. The maximum package can go in the range of INR 5 – INR 7 LPA. The average salary package which you can earn is INR 3 LPA.
Top Recruiting Companies for the BNYS Students are:
- Emami Ltd.
- Hamdard Limited.
- Taj Group of Hotels.
- Vicco Industries.
- ITC Group of Hotels.
Career Options After BNYS
What kind of a job will I get after the course? This question comes to your mind frequently. I can understand you are worried and anxious about the job you are likely to get after the course completion. The course has tremendous scope and job opportunities are available to the graduates in different disciplines. The job profiles which you can get are:
- Health Supervisor.
- Jobs in Government Hospitals.
- Teacher or Professor.
- Specialist in Yoga.
- Acupuncture Specialist.
- Managers of Spa.
- Research Assistant.
- Instructor of Yoga.
Higher Studies after BNYS
Though there are lots of job openings in the healthcare sector, some of the students like to pursue further studies. The decision is based on your inclination towards gaining more knowledge and skills, so as to improve your career prospects in the future. The courses which you can opt for after the BNYS Course are:
- M D in Naturopathy and Yogic Science.
- M B A in Health care management and hospitality.
- M P H Master’s in Public Health.
- M Sc Master of Science.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy.
It is mandatory for the students to undergo the compulsory internship program for 1 year. It usually takes place in the final year of the course. During the course of the internship, you will be posted in various departments to get experience in specialised fields. A certificate of the internship is awarded by the college after the training is completed.
Rankings & Recognitions
Sharada Yoga and Naturopathy Medical College Mangalore are one of the new BNYS Colleges in Karnataka. It is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. The course is recognised by the Karnataka Government. The students get placements in the best companies, research centres, private and government hospitals, spas and hotels. It has the best infrastructure facilities, course curriculum as well as experienced faculties.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
Mangalore is the port city which is located in Karnataka. It is around 350 kilometres from Bangalore, which is the state’s capital. It serves as the administrative headquarters of the Dakshina Kannada District. It is an educational hub with top colleges and educational institutions. It serves as an important port which connects the Malabar Coast. It enjoys a tropical climate from the South West Monsoon.
The campus is located in a lush, green and beautiful place, Talapady in the city of Mangalore. It provides the necessary amenities needed for the students during their stay on campus. The facilities available are:
Students from various places in India and abroad come to study in the college. Hostel accommodation is provided to all the students. There are separate blocks for boys and girls. It aims to provide a safe and secure environment to the students staying there.
Hostel Mess Facility
The mess facility is provided to hostelers who reside within the campus. Separate dining halls are there for the girl’s and boys’ hostel respectively. The food is available to the students at reasonable rates . Cleanliness and hygiene are maintained in the kitchen while preparing the food. The menu is prepared according to the liking of the students.
Yoga and Naturopathy Hospital
The campus has a 100-bed yoga and naturopathy hospital. It is a modernized and well-equipped hospital with OPD and IPD facilities. It caters to the healthcare needs of the people living in the surrounding areas.
Speciality Naturopathy Treatments
Sharada Yoga and Naturopathy Medical College Mangalore offer specialized treatments using naturally available ingredients. The treatments are affordable to the people.
Wellness Packages and Treatment Block
The institution has a separate treatment facility called Prakruti. Here the patients are diagnosed and provided treatments as per the ailments. Wellness packages are designed keeping in mind the health and well-being of the patients.
Feel at Home
The environment and the atmosphere make you feel at home within campus. The calm and quiet place helps in the recovery of the patients.
College Contact Details
Address: Sharada Ayurdhama Campus, Devinagara, Talapady, Mangaluru, Karnataka 575003.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone: 063639 26599.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What courses do Sharada Yoga and Naturopathy Medical College and Hospital offers?
The college offers undergraduate, Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Science or BNYS.
2. How long does it take to complete BNYS?
BNYS is a course for a duration of 5 ½ years which comprises of 4 ½ years of academics and 1 year of internship.
3. To which University is the college affliated to?
The college is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
4. Does the course have approval ?
Yes, the course is approved by the Government of Karnataka.
5. Where is the location of the institution?
The institution is located at Sharada Ayurdhama Campus, Devinagara, Talapady, Mangaluru, Karnataka 575003.
6. Is hostel accomodation available within the campus?
Yes, hostel accommodation is available for both boys and girls.
7. What is the minimum package which a BNYS student can earn after the course?
The minimum package which a BNYS student can earn is INR 2 LPA.
8. Does the college arrange internships?
Yes, the college arranges internships for all the students.
Still, feeling to go through another BNYS college? If yes. Follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
- G Madegowda Naturopathy College, Mandya.
- SDM Naturopathy College, Ujjire.
- S-Vyasa Naturopathy College, Bangalore.
- Tapovana Naturopathy College, Danvangere.
- Alvas Naturopathy College, Mangalore.
Just a Moment:
Sharada Yoga and Naturopathy Medical College and Hospital is one of the top colleges which offer naturopathy courses. Write a review on our website about the college, if you have passed out or currently studying there. Your views will help the upcoming naturopaths.